- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Suggestion Box!
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Become a Disaster Healthcare Volunteer!
- OT Practice Act
- Verify a License
- Join Our Mailing List
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Useful Links
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Occupational Therapy Association of California (OTAC)
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Department of Consumer Affairs
Board Member Information
The California Board of Occupational Therapy is one more than 40 boards, bureaus, a commission, and a committee, that falls under the broad authority of the Department of Consumer Affairs.
The California Board of Occupational Therapy consists of seven members, five appointed by the governor, one by the Speaker of the Assembly and one by the Senate Rules Committee. It consists of three occupational therapists, one occupational therapy assistant and three public members. The board is required to meet at least three times a year, in Sacramento, Los Angeles and San Francisco. Board members serve without compensation.
Current board members and the dates their appointments expire:
- Jeffrey Ferro, Public Member (2016)
- Linda Florey, OT (2014), Secretary
- Kathay Lovell, Public Member (2014), Vice President
- Nancy Michel, Public Member (2016)
- Denise Miller, OT Member (2015), President
- Sharon Pavlovich, OTA Member (2015)
- Vacant, OT Member
Note: If a committee member's term has expired, they may continue to serve one year from the expiration of their term or until a successor is appointed whichever occurs first, pursuant to Business & Professions Code Section 3321(b).
Board members are the leaders of the State's licensing and regulatory agencies. Board members make important decisions on Board policies and on disciplinary actions against professionals who violate state consumer protection laws. Board members, among other things, approve regulations and help guide licensing, enforcement, public education and consumer protection activities.
SENIOR BOARD STAFF:
Heather Martin, Executive Officer
Jeff Hanson, Enforcement Manager
HOW TO BECOME A BOARD MEMBER
The first step to becoming a board member is to submit an application to the office of the appropriate appointing official.
For details on vacancies and who appoints members to a particular board, review the Department of Consumer Affairs Board Member Roster. For more information on activities and membership for a particular board, contact Board staff at 916/263-2294. Links to board websites are available on the DCA Boards/Bureaus page.
Following is contact information for the three primary appointing offices:
Office of Governor Jerry Brown
State Capitol Building
Sacramento, CA 95814
Senate Rules Committee
State Capitol, Room 400
Speaker of the Assembly
P.O. Box 942849
Sacramento, CA 94249-0046