- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Suggestion Box!
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Become a Disaster Healthcare Volunteer!
- OT Practice Act
- Verify a License
- Join Our Mailing List
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Useful Links
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Occupational Therapy Association of California (OTAC)
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Department of Consumer Affairs
The Board requires a Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal history background check on all applicants.
A LICENSE/CERTIFICATE WILL NOT BE ISSUED UNTIL THE BOARD RECEIVES THE BACKGROUND INFORMATION FROM DOJ.
If you reside within California or will be traveling to California during the application process, you can submit fingerprints via Live Scan. Live Scan expedites the fingerprint clearance process as results are received in as few as 72 hours.
There are more than 200 Live Scan sites throughout the state. A complete listing of Live Scan sites is available on the DOJ web site at http://www.ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/publications/contact.php. You are highly encouraged to call the Live Scan site first to determine if an appointment is necessary.
Instructions for completing the Live Scan form can be found in the In-State Application Instructions.
Note: You will have to complete a Live Scan specifically for the Board regardless of whether you have recently completed a Live Scan for other employment or licensing purposes. Criminal background information cannot be shared among organizations.
Live Scan Form (BCII 8016)