- Information for Military Personnel and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- Suggestion Box!
- Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Become a Disaster Healthcare Volunteer!
- OT Practice Act
- Verify a License
- Join Our Mailing List
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Other Useful Links
- Decisions Pending and Opportunities for Public Participation
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- Occupational Therapy Association of California (OTAC)
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Department of Consumer Affairs
The Board requires a Department of Justice (DOJ) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) criminal history background check on all applicants.
A LICENSE/CERTIFICATE WILL NOT BE ISSUED UNTIL THE BOARD RECEIVES THE BACKGROUND INFORMATION FROM DOJ.
If you reside outside California, you must submit fingerprint cards along with your application for license/certification. You must use the Board's pre-printed fingerprint cards.
The fingerprint clearance process can take 6-8 weeks once the fingerprint cards are received. The $49 processing fee must be sent along with the fingerprint cards. Fingerprint cards will not be processed until the fee is received.
To request a set of fingerprint cards, please contact the Board at (916) 263-2294 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: You will have to submit fingerprints specifically for the Board regardless of whether you have recently been fingerprinted for other employment or licensing purposes. Criminal background information cannot be shared among organizations.