Recruiting Practice Reviewers & Advanced Practice Reviewers
The Board is currently recruiting qualified occupational therapists to review case materials, prepare written opinions, and possibly testify at administrative hearings as a Practice Reviewer. Practice Reviewers are paid $75 per hour for case review and preparation of the expert opinion report and $120 per hour plus expenses if called to testify at an administrative hearing. If you wish to provide this service to your community, please verify that you have:
- Ten or more years of experience with seven years of recent experience in the area of expertise for which they are reviewing cases or rendering a professional opinion.
Watch this video to learn more!
Advanced Practice Reviewers
The Board is currently recruiting qualified occupational therapists review applicants for advanced practice approval and applications for advanced practice post-professional education. Advanced Practice Reviewers are paid $75 per hour for their services. If you wish to provide this service to your community, please verify that you have:
- At least five, of the past seven years, practicing in an advanced practice area.
Both Practice Reviewers and Advanced Practice Reviewers must have:
- A current and active California OT license without restrictions.
- No prior or current charges or discipline against any health care related license in California or in any other place of licensure.
- No criminal convictions, including any that were expunged or dismissed.
If you meet the requirements and are interested in providing this service to your community, complete the Practice Reviewer application or Advanced Practice Reviewer application and follow the instructions carefully. Once completed, send the application and your Curriculum Vitae (resume) to:
California Board of Occupational Therapy
2005 Evergreen Street; Suite 2250
Sacramento, CA 95815
If you have additional questions, please email the Board at: firstname.lastname@example.org.